How does this always happen? Oh wait, I know the answer. Procrastination.
Well, anyway, it's two days from travel day and well, I still have SOME stuff to do. I actually did get a lot done already, but it always feels like there's more.
I asked one of the high school girls to babysit the boys in the mornings this week so I could make a big mess (open all the cupboards, take stuff out) so I could clean up and reorganize and get ready to pack. It worked out very well, except that Elias was pretty sick the last few days so I only got 3 days of babysitting instead of 4.
But I can't complain. At least I cleaned out the old food from the kitchen (is it a bad sign when you look at an expiration date and think to yourself, "what year is it?" and realize you should have thrown something away a LONG time ago!) and I did 4 loads of laundry. I went through all the baby clothes and reorganized them so now I'm ready for when I have to switch Didi's clothes again. I washed the dishes. I packed my stuff for the states.
What do I have left? Pack the boys' stuff (only the little boys, Andy's in charge of his own!). Do some more laundry. Go to Elias's preschool and pay the book tuition. And make sure Andy packs his stuff. (Okay, I'm not packing it for him but I will try to help him make sure he doesn't forget anything!)
2 days left!
No comments:
Post a Comment